- About FPMA
- Seminars & Events
- Find a Pro
- Contact Us
Find a Pest Professional in Your Area
FPMA members adhere to a Code of Ethics, participate in local community service projects, have access to the latest training, treatment methods and technologies, and support university research into Florida’s ever-changing pest challenges. FPMA membership is the standard for pest professionals in Florida
Tips on Selecting a Pest Control Company
- Confirm that a pest control company is properly licensed through the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS). You can look up companies by name and license number though the FDACS website. FDACS can also provide any history of agency regulatory actions on pest control companies.
- Confirm that a pest control company is properly insured; state law requires that companies carry a minimum liability insurance of $250,000 per occurrence and $500,000 aggregate.
- In addition to recommendations and referrals of family, friends and neighbors, you can review the print and internet advertising of a prospective pest control company; you can also ask the pest control company for customer referrals and contact information.
- You can ask if the firm is a member of Better Business Bureau and Chamber of Commerce and inquire if the organizations have any complaints on file. Confirm the intervals of service, how any additional service calls are handled and if there is any additional charge. Also confirm what pests that are included in service agreements-Florida’s moderate climate provides for year-round pests activity, and many pests require very different treatment strategies. For example, drywood and subterranean termites often require different types of treatments and are included in separate service agreements.
- Review any service agreements before signing and ask questions about any terms on which you are unfamiliar. Make sure you have a full understanding of and satisfactory answers on items such as effective service dates, cancellation and renewal conditions and warranties offered.